T20 World Cup: 'Expecting runs from Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma's bats against Canada' | Cricket News – Times of India

NEW DELHI: Former India cricketer Aakash Chopra believes Virat Kohli is set to shine in India’s T20 World Cup match against Canada, provided the game goes ahead despite weather concerns. Kohli has struggled so far in the tournament, managing only five runs in three innings.
India are set to face Canada in their final Group A fixture in Lauderhill, Florida, on Saturday.The first two matches at this venue, including Friday’s USA vs Ireland clash, were abandoned due to bad weather and wet outfield conditions.
T20 World Cup Schedule | Points Table | Stats
“I don’t see any threat in the opposing team because the Florida pitch does not pose any threat. If it had been New York, I would have said that you need to tread cautiously. I am not seeing any threat from Canada. I feel India will be in a very decent space,” Chopra said in a video posted on his YouTube channel.
Chopra expects top performances from Kohli, Rohit Sharma, Kuldeep Yadav and Ravindra Jadeja, crucial for Team India ahead of the Super Eight stage.

“I feel, if this match happens, Virat Kohli could be the Man of the Match. I am expecting runs from Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma’s bats. In bowling, if Kuldeep Yadav plays, I am expecting at least three wickets from him. I feel Ravindra Jadeja will eventually come to the fore as well and pick up wickets,” the former India opener added.

Chopra expressed his satisfaction with Shivam Dube’s recent form. He noted that Sanju Samson might not be a suitable option for the lower middle order.

“If the captain wants, he (Jadeja) will also come to bat slightly up the order. Since Shivam Dube has regained his form, it gives you comfort. Let’s be honest, you were talking about Sanju Samson, that he should be played, but what will you get by making Sanju bat at No. 6?” he stated.
Chopra also speculated that Kuldeep Yadav might replace a seamer in the upcoming match against Canada.

“There might be one change in the team. Kuldeep Yadav might come in and a fast bowler might have to sit out because the Florida pitch traditionally turns and helps the spinners. I see Kuldeep Yadav playing. Kuldeep Yadav in place of Siraj – unfortunate, I know – and that’s about it,” he reasoned.
As Team India prepares for the game against Canada, fans and analysts will keep a close eye on weather conditions, hoping the match goes ahead and the players get a chance to showcase their skills.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *